Tuition $75 – $90
Click here: 14 day outlook, 1 page with every location w / openings
Jumpstart is an optional 3 hour course designed for the novice rider to gain familiarity and comfort with the motorcycle BEFORE taking the Basic Rider 2 or 3 Wheel Course
Motorcycles, Scooters, Can-Am’s, Trikes and Helmets are provided.
The course is made up of the following activities:
Motorcycle & Riding Gear Familiarization: This exercise is designed to acquaint the new rider with the many types of helmets, jackets, pants, boots and other riding gear along major parts and controls of a 2 or 3 wheel motorcycle.
Starting & Stopping: This exercise is designed to provide practice time for riders in learning clutch/throttle coordination in starting out and stopping.
You should be able to balance and ride a bicycle before taking the Jumpstart class and or the BRC. The class is kept small in numbers for your comfort with one or two Instructors. Instructors for the program are all experienced motorcycle operators who are state certified by the DMV’s Virginia Rider Training Program (VRTP) and Nationally by The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF).
The Riding Gear You Will Need
Riding Gear Requirements Defined:
- Helmet – Full-face, 3/4 face helmets are acceptable provided that they meet minimum DOT or SNELL certification. Personal helmets are subject to inspection for the DOT or SNELL certification and they are in good working condition.
MSCV provides 3/4 face helmets if you do not have your own helmet.
- Eye protection – Face shield, goggles or some form of sun/eye glasses. They may be tinted or clear. Ordinary prescription glasses may be worn.
- Gloves – Must be full finger and cannot be open on the back of the hand. Almost any full finger glove may be used: motorcycle gloves, garden gloves, mechanics gloves and batting gloves are acceptable. (Mom’s dishwashing gloves and surgeon’s gloves are NOT acceptable)
- Pants – You must wear pants! No exceptions. Denim or leather jeans are preferred. All pants are required to have NO holes in them and must come down to the foot. Spandex or cotton leggings are NOT acceptable.
- Shirt – Long sleeve T-shirt or dress shirt that reaches the wrist or jacket are all acceptable.
- Shoes/Boots – Over the ankle footwear with little to no heel. Shoes can be an athletic or hiking shoe that provides reinforced ankle support. Boots are preferred. Your footwear should have a good rubber sole for traction and the heel shouldn’t be higher than what is commonly on a “workman’s boot”. Thin fabric shoes made of canvas or other fabrics that do not provide support are not acceptable. The classic Converse All Star “Chuck Taylor” or dress shoe are examples of shoes that DO NOT meet the requirements.
We furnish scooters, motorcycles and helmets.
If you need to reschedule your class, you must contact us in writing 7 days prior to your class start date with the following information:
- Phone Number(s) so we can communicate with you should we have questions or notifications
- Confirmation #
- Two or More Alternate Dates should your first selection be filled
- Reschedule/Transfer Payment of $35.00: Money orders or credit cards only and must come with request. Payable to MSCV, Inc., 11555 Fox Cross Road, Ashland, Virginia 23005 (please do not send cash in the mail)
For example, If your original class was on a Friday evening , we must be notified no later than 5:00 P.M. EDT, 7 days before your Friday class start date.
Rescheduling notices received 7 days or less of your class start date, will not be permitted. Please plan on attending or your total payment(s) will be forfeited. No reschedules, free seats, free class(s), credits, discounts or refunds.
A minimum of 4 students is required to conduct the Basic Rider Course, Skills Practice Course or Sidecar/Can-Am/Trike Course. Less than 4 students may require rescheduling. Contact the office at 804-368-0989 for clarification when in question.
Cancelation Policy (70% refund for eligible notifications) Revised 07/01/2016
If you find you need to cancel your scheduled class, we will refund 70% of your tuition, if you notify us in writing 7 days prior to the first day of your class no later than the close of business at 5:00 P.M. EDT. Eligible refunds will be made by check or credit to your credit card
Example – If your original class was on a Friday evening, MSCV, Inc. must be notified no later than 5:00 P.M. EDT 7 days prior to your Friday class start date. If your payment was $165.00, we subtract the 30% ($49.50) for cancellation & processing fees, your refund would be $115.50. We will mail a check or credit your credit card depending on your method of payment upon registration. MSCV, Inc. will process your request for a refund within five business days from receipt of notification if you qualified for a refund.
E-MAIL, FAX AND U. S. POSTAL SERVICE IS PREFERED for cancellation notices. No phone calls, we need written audit trails. E-mail – email@example.com , fax- 804-368-0987, 368-0989 or U. S. Postal @ 11555 Fox Cross Road, Ashland Va. 23005
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE. E-mail, Fax or USPS protects everyone with a time and date stamp.
ALL cancellation notices received 7 days or less before the first day of your class will result in a non-refundable tuition, registration and fees. We regret we cannot accommodate your request for any refund if received 7 days or less prior to the first day of your class. Many times throughout the year, it is difficult to re-sell your seat with less than 7 days notice.
If you purchased your seat (Class) with 7 days or less before the start of your class and decide to cancel, you will NOT be entitled to any refund, free class, discounted class, free or paid reschedule or any compensation. You will forfeit your entire purchase price. Please think twice before purchasing a class within 7 days or less.
WE CANNOT ACCEPT ANY EXCUSES OR REASON.
Our zero tolerance Policy is respectful and fairness to all students, past, present and future who will or have agreed to these terms. Thank you. who have accepted a loss or for those that will be confronted with a similar situation.
Please make every effort to attend, thank you.
Inclement weather cancellations by MSCV, Inc. or cancellation due to circumstances beyond our control: call us @ 804-368-0989 for a recorded message regarding your class. If a cancellation is necessary we will have a message stating the reason and recourse. If there is no message referencing the weather or circumstances, then your class is still scheduled to begin. If cancelled, you will have one year from the date of cancellation to reschedule your class. NO REFUNDS. We do not charge to reschedule due to a weather related cancellation when cancelled by MSCV only.
(A one time FREE reschedule will be offered for this weather related event.)