Tuition $165 – $179 Class M2 Endorsement license issued on site!
Click on any link to the right for locations, course dates & prices
The Virginia Rider Training Program Basic Rider course provides the basic entry level skills for a new rider to begin practicing and developing the mental and motor skills important for safer street operation.
Motorcycles, Scooters and Helmets are provided.
Classroom – bring pen, pencil & highlighter
- What to Expect:
- Discussion of Workbook
- Discuss PP presentation
- 25 Question Multiple Choice Test
- 80% or better to pass.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early please
On the Driving Range
- What to Expect:
- Many riding exercises in weather (cold, heat, wind, rain etc.)
- Riding skills evaluation consisting of four exercises to assess your braking, cornering, swerving and limited space maneuvering skills.
What to bring for both classroom and driving range:
- Click here for Required Riding Gear on the driving range
- Drivers license or a legal photo document of yourself with your name and date of birth, pen, pencil, highlighter and paper for your classroom portion
- 12-24 bottles of water daily, even during the winter months (water cannot always be provided)
- Snacks for later in the day – usually you will have a lunch period after your classroom portion prior to your driving range session. Snacks will help you through the day
- Sunscreen, Rain Gear (You know you will be outdoors all day)
- Medications (if necessary)
Getting your Class M2 or M3 License (effective July 1, 2016)
You must successfully complete both the written test and the riding skills evaluation in order to receive a MSF or Evergreen Safety Council course completion card and a Virginia DMV Motorcycle Class M2 or M3 Provisional License. No make-up testing or re-testing will be allowed (DMV rules).
The Virginia DMV Motorcycle Class M2 or M3 Provisional License is a temporary Class M2 or M3 license and allows you, if 19 years of age or older, to operate a motorcycle for 30 days. Simply take the DMV Provisional License to any Virginia DMV and exchange the Provisional License and your current car driver’s license for a new Virginia plastic license, only now with a M2 or M3 on it. We cannot make a plastic license at the Training Centers, so, you need to visit the DMV office – sorry. However, no written or driving test this time…. Your Certificate will waive BOTH the knowledge & skills test at any Virginia DMV for one year from the date issued.
- Students 19 years of age or older will be issued The Virginia DMV Provisional License which is a temporary Class M2 or M3 license and allows you to operate a motorcycle for 30 days.
- Students 18 years of age will not be allowed to operate a motorcycle with The DMV Provisional License – they will need to take the DMV Provisional License to DMV to have the M2 or M3 placed on their license.
- Students 17 years of age or younger will be issued The Virginia DMV Provisional License, However, they will still be required to wait the nine months and will not have a 30 day class M2 or M3 temporary license to operate a motorcycle.
- Note: The Virginia DMV Provisional License expires 0ne (1) year from date issued. Please make every effort to have M2 or M3 placed on your license prior to expiration. After expiration you will be required to take the entire course over if you allow The DMV Provisional License to expire.
Note: No other state will accept The DMV Completion Certificate /Provisional License or Virginia’s MSF card. You do not need a learner’s permit or a motorcycle driver’s license to take any one of our courses.
✪ Unless noted otherwise on a specific class posted on the web site, a minimum of 4 students are required to conduct the Basic Rider course. Less than 4 students may require rescheduling. MSCV will contact you if we must reschedule due to low enrollment, usually 12 hours or more before your start time. You will be offered a full refund or a free reschedule to another date of your choice providing seats are available for your choice.
Please Note: For everyone’s safety, you will be required to withdraw from the class if you are unsafe to yourself, other students or Instructors.
The Riding Gear You Will Need
Riding Gear Requirements Defined:
- Helmet – Full-face, 3/4 face helmets are acceptable provided that they meet minimum DOT or SNELL certification. Personal helmets are subject to inspection for the DOT or SNELL certification and they are in good working condition.
MSCV provides 3/4 face helmets if you do not have your own helmet.
- Eye protection – Face shield, goggles or some form of sun/eye glasses. They may be tinted or clear. Ordinary prescription glasses may be worn.
- Gloves – Must be full finger and cannot be open on the back of the hand. Almost any full finger glove may be used: motorcycle gloves, garden gloves, mechanics gloves and batting gloves are acceptable. (Mom’s dishwashing gloves and surgeon’s gloves are NOT acceptable)
- Pants – You must wear pants! No exceptions. Denim or leather jeans are preferred. All pants are required to have NO holes in them and must come down to the foot. Spandex or cotton leggings are NOT acceptable.
- Shirt – Long sleeve T-shirt or dress shirt that reaches the wrist or jacket are all acceptable.
- Shoes/Boots – Over the ankle footwear with little to no heel. Shoes can be an athletic or hiking shoe that provides reinforced ankle support. Boots are preferred. Your footwear should have a good rubber sole for traction and the heel shouldn’t be higher than what is commonly on a “workman’s boot”. Thin fabric shoes made of canvas or other fabrics that do not provide support are not acceptable. The classic Converse All Star “Chuck Taylor” or dress shoe are examples of shoes that DO NOT meet the requirements.
We furnish scooters, motorcycles, Can-Am’s, Trikes, Sidecar’s and helmets for every course.
If you need to reschedule your class, you must contact us in writing 7 days prior to your class start date with the following information: Revised 06/29/2016
- Phone Number(s) so we can communicate with you should we have questions or notifications
- Confirmation #
- Two or More Alternate Dates should your first selection be filled
- Reschedule/Transfer Payment of $35.00: Money orders or credit cards only and must come with request. Payable to MSCV, Inc., 11555 Fox Cross Road, Ashland, Virginia 23005 (please do not send cash in the mail)
For example, If your original class was on a Friday evening , we must be notified no later than 5:00 P.M. EDT, Monday, 7 days before your Friday class start date.
Rescheduling notices received 7 days or less of your class start date, will not be permitted. Please plan on attending or your total payment(s) will be forfeited. No reschedules, free seats, free class(s), credits, discounts or refunds.
A minimum of 4 students is required to conduct the Basic Rider Course, Skills Practice Course or Sidecar/Can-Am/Trike Course. Less than 4 students may require rescheduling. Contact the office at 804-368-0989 for clarification when in question.
Late Policy Revised 07/01/2016
Please arrive ahead of your scheduled class start time to ensure your seat in class. Registered students are requested to arrive early to complete all of their paperwork prior to the start of class.
CLASSROOM AND DRIVING RANGE BEGINS PROMPTLY
Please arrive ahead of your scheduled class start time to ensure your acceptance in class. Registered students are requested to arrive early for day one classroom to complete all of their paperwork prior to the start of class. Classroom and Driving Range start times are firm. If you arrive after the start of instruction you are subject to non-admittance with dismissal. You will not be entitled to a refund or a free reschedule. No exceptions.
Cancellation Policy (70% refund for eligible notifications) Revised 07/01/2016
If you find you need to cancel your scheduled class, we will refund 70% of your tuition, if you notify us in writing 7 days prior to the first day of your class no later than the close of business at 5:00 P.M. EDT. Eligible refunds will be made by check or credit to your credit card
Example – If your original class was on a Friday evening, MSCV, Inc. must be notified no later than 5:00 P.M. EDT 7 days prior to your Friday class start date. If your payment was $165.00, we subtract the 30% ($49.50) for cancellation & processing fees, your refund would be $115.50. We will mail a check or credit your credit card depending on your method of payment upon registration. MSCV, Inc. will process your request for a refund within five business days from receipt of notification if you qualified for a refund.
E-MAIL, FAX AND U. S. POSTAL SERVICE IS PREFERED for cancellation notices. No phone calls, we need written audit trails. E-mail – email@example.com , fax- 804-368-0987, 368-0989 or U. S. Postal @ 11555 Fox Cross Road, Ashland Va. 23005
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE. E-mail, Fax or USPS protects everyone with a time and date stamp.
ALL cancellation notices received 7 days or less before the first day of your class will result in a non-refundable tuition, registration and fees. We regret we cannot accommodate your request for any refund if received 7 days or less prior to the first day of your class. Many times throughout the year, it is difficult to re-sell your seat with less than 7 days notice. day
If you purchased your seat (Class) with 7 days or less before the start of your class and decide to cancel, you will NOT be entitled to any refund, free class, discounted class, free or paid reschedule or any compensation. You will forfeit your entire purchase price. Please think twice before purchasing a class within 7 days or less.
WE CANNOT ACCEPT ANY EXCUSES OR REASON.
Our zero tolerance Policy is respectful and fairness to all students, past, present and future who will or have agreed to these terms. Thank you. who have accepted a loss or for those that will be confronted with a similar situation.
Please make every effort to attend, thank you.
Inclement weather cancellations by MSCV, Inc. or cancellation due to circumstances beyond our control: call us @ 804-368-0989 for a recorded message regarding your class. If a cancellation is necessary we will have a message stating the reason and recourse. If there is no message referencing the weather or circumstances, then your class is still scheduled to begin. If cancelled, you will have one year from the date of cancellation to reschedule your class. NO REFUNDS. We do not charge to reschedule due to a weather related cancellation when cancelled by MSCV only.
(A one time FREE reschedule will be offered for this weather related event.)